Church Council Secretary
Jo has been at Falmouth Methodist Church since June 2017, when she moved to Falmouth from Winchmore Hill, North London.
Jo grew up, married Steve and raised 2 beautiful daughters, Catherine and Carolyn, in north London but when their younger daughter came to Falmouth to attend Exeter University at Tremough they fell in love with the town. When they retired, they moved!!
Jo has always been a Methodist. When she was 19, she went to Hamburg for a year on a Methodist organised youth exchange programme. She then went to Weymouth to train as a teacher, a career that lasted 33 years.
Jo is a member of the WI, she is on the Friday Morning Friends coffee morning rota, enjoys walking and exercise classes and loves a coffee in any of Falmouth’s great coffee shops. She and Steve have joined the Cruise Ship Ambassadors - a voluntary group who greet and welcome our many cruise ship visitors. And most important of all they have bought a little boat!!
Jo has received a really friendly welcome at Falmouth Methodist Church and enjoys a very fulfilling fellowship here.
Jo serves as the Church Council Secretary which involves:
- Formulating the agenda with the Minister
- Sending out advance notice of meetings to members
- Collating reports and distributing them with agendas prior to meetings
- Taking minutes of meetings, sending them for checking to the minister, then
- Distributing them to all members (with a copy made available to congregation)
- Receiving and writing any correspondence arising from business