Environment and Climate Change
As COP26 begins, this is a crucial time for churches to learn more about the impact of climate change, to call for climate justice and to commit to reduce our own carbon footprint.
Key to the Methodist Church's response is:
- Continuing to take steps at all levels to reduce our carbon footprint in conjunction with organisations such as Eco Church.
- Improving our understanding of the challenges of climate change and developing a Christian response.
- A youth led campaign called, Climate Justice for All, that will work on an international stage to highlight the global challenges facing communities ahead of COP26 in November.
- Encouraging every church to take part in a in Climate Sunday service and commit to further action.
- Working ecumenically through the Joint Public Issues Team to promote resources and action for climate justice.
- Praying for the world.